Welcome to a very special card design contest! Our contest are a chance for Faeria fans to flex their design muscles and win some sweet in game prizes while doing it! All submissions are carefully judged by our staff and the top 3 cards win a prize.
It’s been an awesome year for Faeria with new content, cards, and players at every turn. As the new year is about to begin, it’s time for the characters of Faeria to reinvent themselves with their own new years resolutions. They aren’t very creative on their own, however, so they need your help!
12/31/2016 Theme: New years balance resolutions!
We have challenged designers on a litany of creative skills, but never have we issued a content that was primarily about card balance. Until now, that is.
We want you to take a Faeria card in need of some changes… and change it! It’s going to be a new year, so what is more appropriate than setting your favorite (or even least favorite) Faeria card on the path to self-improvement. Think about the Faeria cards that hardly see competitive play. What would you change to make them more viable? Would you re-invent them completely, or perhaps adjust their numerical stat line?
Or what about the cards that are TOO powerful? Now is the perfect opportunity to turn that ladder salt into new years productivity! This contest will be primarily about balance changes, so be sure to provide at least a brief explanation as to why your changes will make the card better.
- December 31st : Contest is announced
- January 8th : Submission window closes
- January 10th : Winners are announced
The PlayFaeria staff with be judging on variety of factors:
- Balance (This is a big one this contest!)
- Design (How does this interact with other cards? Does it make the game more fun, or less fun?)
- Card art. (Not really that important this contest, as we are changing current cards with art that already exist)
How to submit?
- Design your card using the Faeria card creator located at http://ninja.digital/makefaeria/, Photoshop, paint or whatever other image software you might have. You can even illustrate your card and send us a photo of it. The important thing is we can see your card and read what it does. If none of the above work for you, try https://pixlr.com/editor/.
- Post your card as a reply to the forum topic and as an email to firstname.lastname@example.org within the submission window time. Please include your in-game name.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook. It’s not obligatory but we appreciate it.
- The best card will be revealed, and the winner will be awarded their in-game prize(s).
That’s it! Good luck aspiring designers!